Setting up your Pet's First Aid Kit
- Disposable gloves
- Ice Pack
- Scissors with blunt end
- Adhesive tape
- Cotton balls or swabs
- Gauze pads
- Fresh 3% hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting (always check with your vet first)
- Sheet or blanket
It is also a good idea to have a few extras including:
- Your dog’s vaccination record
- A card listing any medications your dog may take.
- Your vet’s address and phone number
- Snack Pack sizes of healthy treats (this will help pups remain calm)
Feel free to add any other items you think would be helpful to you and your pet. Make sure to update your kit every 6 months or so to make any necessary replacements or updates. When an emergency strikes, the last thing you want to be doing is scrambling for the items you need to help your pet. Doing this will give the peace of mind that you are prepared for an emergency.
We hope this helps you in setting up your pet first aid kit if you don’t already have one. Did we miss anything? Leave us a comment with ideas you have for additions to our Pet 1st Aid Kit!
Treat you Prepped Pups next week!